Sunday, April 18, 2010

This is a good slide show of my work.....http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o252/meredith848/?albumview=slideshow



Making a proportional five foot tall hand (as tall as my wife) was such a pain. it took me several re-takes, much massive failure, structural collapse, and several years to accomplish. Considering all that, it is easy to see why I finally gave up the idea of making the second hand, and have the right hand in a pocket on the big statue.













I have been working on this big momument( a monument to mothers) for five ( he wipes the sweat from his brow) years now, and am still not done! It's just a bit now, and it will be done enough to sell( it comes complete with an edible landscape garden).

This is my attempt to teach a little about sculpting. The hand is nearly done, and looking good, maybe better than the gold colored copy I am using on the big statue...
















No comments:

Post a Comment