Sunday, April 18, 2010

Music

Dobinet Gnahore sings some fine African music.......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX7MNln2AYE


Richard Bona is great




I always did like this song...Leaving on a Jet Plane....




This lady is my current favorite singer,,,





Bobbi Mcferrin used to be my favorite singer ( he may still be)....





This was my favotite song for a while....






And this one always amazed me...



And this one, too...



Just look at her hand movements. Aziza is a great musician...





Of course, Bobbi is also a great comedian (just see this one two minutes into it), and works with Robin Williams. Of course, he has a four octave voice, perfect pitch, was raised by Black opera singers at a time when that was very unusual,and just decided, at the age of 50+, to go and conduct symphony orchestras, so he did.


type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364">

This one is very good, too....





If you like the violin's big brother (oh, how I do love the whole family), you may want to hear this one, too..






And, if you liked Jorane ( pronounced Jo-hanra), well, hear this..



I just love that deep bass..





This one shows you how intriguing a simple hello can be...
These ladies get down, literally...


allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364">

The first time I saw Bobbi McFerrin was on Sesame Street. I watched it a lot with my kids; some parts of it I really enjoyed. Too bad they grew up!
The one i saw was different than this. He had the muppets organised into a choir, each singing a different note, then he did the melody. The guy just invents songs as he goes along, he is great...





Here , he gets the whole audience to be part of the choir...


And here, he sings and directs the orchestra...






This is mary margaret O'hara, she has such an unusual voice, and i just love that bass line, don't you?




This should get yo to my old playlist, under meredith848. It has Oh Laura, and some other good work on it. All of those playlists are good





Hey, I can't believe it! It took several minutes of messing around, but I did get that link to work. You can see that it is heavily Bobbi McFerrin augmented, as that suited my taste at the time; but each of those lists holds something different under the first few songs...

No comments:

Post a Comment